Christmas is only three weeks away, which means it is high time to think about presents to give to our loved ones (and ourselves). During this year’s first gift shopping tour last weekend, I stumbled across millions of books and gadgets I would love, and I thought to myself: “I’m soooo easy to buy for, but what on Earth should I get for my brother?”
The photo calendar with pics from my travels only works so often (e.g. in 2012…) and the cool film recommendations usually come the other way around… The quest for perfect gifts had begun and naturally I came across a few Traveletty Christmas Gift ideas on my way.
For the Gadget Lover
For the Gadget Lover travelling (and life) is all about practicality and creativity. She will not travel without her laptop and/or tablet, and appreciate everything that helps her keeping everything together. She also loves photography and could not leave the house without her beloved camera!
– a cord wrapping bag to keep all your cords in one place
– a tablet cover with a map on to show everyone that you love to see the world
– the classic for photography buffs: camera lens mugs
– iPad/macbook stickers in the shape of a camera
– a colorful camera strap for her DSLR
The Home Traveller
Some people say, life is not all about fun and play. Sometimes we have to stay at home, but that doesn’t mean that we forget about travelling! The Home Traveller keeps the world close to her heart!
– world map wall stickers to pin the places you have been to
– a subscription of National Geographic magazine to dream of the world
– travel inspired stationary paper
– adventurer duvet covers like this Astronaut Bed Set
I’m sure we all know this one person who just can’t sit still. The roadtripper is always on the go and has “adventurer” written all over her things.
– a bucket list journal to keep track of plans and missions
– a travel backgammon set – it is the oldest game in the world and common most places!
– customized luggage tags to be sure it is definitely YOUR backpack
The Lucky Ones
Well, and then there’s those who are simply impossible to buy for, because they are the Lucky Ones, who have everything they need already. And yet, I’m sure they don’t have any of these…
– a travel hula hoop to keep fit on the road
– a wearable sleeping bag for the next camping trip
– a solid perfume locket to carry your favourite smell with you at all times
If subtlety is as alien to you as it is for me, and you don’t want to get a pile of random presents yourself, share this list on your Facebook profile. I’m sure your brother or sister or boyfriend will get the hint!
first photo: Julia BlannerTweet