Love it or hate it, it looks like Pinterest is here to stay. If you’ve not yet started pinning, it’s like a heady drug for visual junkies and ranks as one of the ultimate ways to waste time at work. It can also be a beautiful place for the average joe or jane – like me – to indulge in a little instant inspiration, especially when it comes to travel. Pinterest is not just a place for wannabe brides and cupcake addicts; it’s a place for one and all to share and give due credit to some of the best images and content on the web. Of course Travelettes is on Pinterest too!
I’ve been pinning for about six months now and love that the best travel content – in my opinion – is actually generated by people who aren’t just travel bloggers, travel writers or even regular travellers but ordinary gals (and guys) who are sat at work, saving hard and dreaming big for their next adventure on the road or in the air.
I truly believe feeling inspired to travel is one of the most important steps in any journey, so here are ten of my favourite Travel Boards on Pinterest to follow.
1. E A R T H by Jessica Bailey is a collection of “WOW” shots of our precious planet so if nature is what you crave from travel this is the board to follow, though I happen to find all of Jessica’s boards are fairly swoon worthy.
2. The Places To Visit Before You Die board is a group board being added to by over 1000 pinners across the world. This is one of the best boards to follow if you want constant reminders of how astonishingly beautiful and wonderful the world is.
3. Popular pinner Mai Spy pins some of the most beautiful and atmospheric photos on her Wanderlust board and maintains the perfect balance of stunning natural landscape scenes, dreamy photos of luxury hotels and “What are you waiting for?” travel inspiration.
4. Over 3.6 million Pinterest followers suggests that Caz and Craig from yTravelBlog know what they’re doing when it comes to pinning travel inspiration. Their Bucket List board could easily fuel all of us to start crossing off beautiful destinations off our own bucket lists. They have many other travel inspired boards to get lost in too!
5. Another group board that I love to follow is the Virtual Tourist’s Here, There and Everywhere as the photos and destinations are as varied as the 400 and more pinners who contribute to it. This is also a great board to upload your own content to if you want it to be shared and loved on Pinterest, which you can do by tagging your pinned content with #VirtualTourist.
6. Because most people have to balance wanderlust with work, Lauren Kilberg’s Desktop Travel is a great little board full of every day inspiration from her desk. I like this board for its pops of colour and how much of the world her desktop travel seems to cover!
7. The Food Travel Co. know like many of us do that food is a good a reason as any to travel far and wide, searching for new flavours and new recipes. We love their Take the First Left travel board that is so clearly inspired by the tastiest destinations in the world.
8. Vicki Norton’s Road Trip board will have you twitching for a vintage suitcase, a dog-eared map of somewhere new and your favourite driving music. Enjoy the open road virtually with her board full of “road porn”.
9. Lusting for the ultimate vehicle to run away in on that above mentioned road trip? Then spend some time lusting over vinage vehicles board by melaniexeinalem, a beautiful collection of retro runaway cars. I also love following her wanderlust board.
10. Brazilian pinner Elaine Nasser has the finest collection of destination themed boards and she even has a whole board dedicated to Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro so if there’s a particular country close to your heart that you want to collect inspiration from you can pick your favourite, or like me follow all of them and feel torn over where to go next.
Oh and if you’re still stuck for travel inspiration please feel free to follow my travel pin boards to see if I can help out… Happy Pinning!Tweet